I HAVE AN EGO
I have an Ego, 'Unsolicited advise',
I tend to dish out, not thinking twice.
Self appointed Hero, to save your day.
Quoting sayings, that is my way.
Sometimes it does work, and hopefully so,
or person thinks, 'Jerk! ! '
I'll never know!
Falling to Ego, time and again,
When will I learn, nothing to gain.
Unless a counselor, then I am trained,
I could be band aid, to ease the pain.
Being a guardian, I should not be.
So being humble, I try to be,
Success uncertain, I've yet to see!
Philo Yan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I HAVE AN EGO by Philo Yan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Isabella Valancy Crawford
(25 December 1850 – 12 February 1887)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edward Kofi Louis
(13th October 1961)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- to be or not to be a vegtarianien, oskar hansen
- I Love You Dear, Michael P. McParland
- I Love You 2, Michael P. McParland
- I Love You, Michael P. McParland
- I Hope In Some Way, Michael P. McParland
- Emerald, Naveed Khalid
- I Hope, Michael P. McParland
- In All Things, Edward Kofi Louis
- See, seed!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rosy (Two), Asit Kumar Sanyal