I Keep Six Honest...
I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.
I send them over land and sea,
I send them east and west;
But after they have worked for me,
I give them all a rest.
I let them rest from nine till five,
For I am busy then,
As well as breakfast, lunch, and tea,
For they are hungry men.
But different folk have different views;
I know a person small-
She keeps ten million serving-men,
Who get no rest at all!
She sends'em abroad on her own affairs,
From the second she opens her eyes-
One million Hows, two million Wheres,
And seven million Whys!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Keep Six Honest... by Rudyard Kipling )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- A Wanderer, Noah Body
- Adil Jussawalla A Poet Of The Fragmented.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Villanelle: Nothing so upturns creative .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- यादों का आवागमन............, sanjay kumar maurya
- Chiquitita, Matthias Pantaleon
- Through Heaven's Backdoor, Smoky Hoss
- A Little Daughter, What Have I In Poor I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- crazy huh, Natalie Washington
- Textology - 5. Sentences, Joseph Archer
- Why have you destroyed, gajanan mishra