I'll Be that friend.
There you were looking sad.
Many people wanted to make you glad.
I decided to take a chance and try to make you laugh.
For the first time I saw you smile,
it was something great and wild.
I told you I'll be the friend you want to have.
I'll make you smile, laugh, and wipe you tears away,
Make the pain fade away, I'll never hurt you again.
And if there's something you want, I'll do
I promise to be that friend,
that will ride with you til' the end.
Someone you can conquer all your fears,
through the years.
I'll be that friend
Show you how to bend
Make you trust
Because I believe in us.
Vanessa Hernandez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'll Be that friend. by Vanessa Hernandez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
Poem of the Day
- Each Day 2, Michael P. McParland
- Dreams to Follow, Peter S. Quinn
- Each Day, Michael P. McParland
- Leprechauns in Pop's Fedora, Donal Mahoney
- Dreamt Of You 4, Michael P. McParland
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael P. McParland
- Search of quest, hasmukh amathalal
- Dreamt Of You 2, Michael P. McParland
- Hindutava, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dreamt Of You, Michael P. McParland