I'll Soon Die
Let me sleep, under the
shade of the pine trees.
The storms of the human mind,
must not kill my acquired peace,
which I lent from the sky.
I'm now lying on my back
and watching the flock of birds,
where from they came and where
to go they needn't know.
The magnets of the earth
will make them know.
They are migrating from
one place to the other,
ignorant of their next habitat.
They don't know but are
destined to go to the place
they stayed in winter.
Invading the blue of the
colossal firmament they
are flying in a design,
in a rhythm, preconceived
by the god, our creator.
I'm dying in the dew
of grass, inhaling the
air with my last breath.
I love this very world.
So, deny to leave.
But, my body is breaking
in pieces and getting
mingled in earth, water
fire, air and sky.
I'll soon die........
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'll Soon Die by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- Buried Beneath The Waves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- uncomfortable, maharshi trivedi
- Mexican Food With Jesus, Mr. Nobody
- Sonnet of Pain, Sierra Staten
- Particle Of Breath, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- थिरिँ बिरिँ x5, Ronjoy Brahma
- Come Come, Tango Tango
- God Teaches Geology (M-F), Mr. Nobody
- I am Running Faster, Akhtar Jawad
- (समनि नायथाय) गुफुर उखुन्दैनि खुवाया, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns