I'm Moving Away
I’m moving away, but I’ll be back.
I look out my window; the sky is black.
Ontario’s not bad, though far away,
Still I wish that I could stay.
My life is on a different track,
And there is no use in staying back.
My childhood was happy, out in the sticks,
But now there’s more to throw into the mix.
Friends and family, and lots more
Who knows what life has in store!
Take it as it comes, it’s all you can do,
We still have email – this much is true.
My friends in Sussex I’ll never forget
But not to worry – I’m not leaving yet.
I’ll be gone by Christmas, but not much before.
But I don’t want you to be sad anymore.
I’m leaving, yes, but not for good!
I’ll come to visit, like I know I should.
What will it be like? I’m scared to think,
The time moves fast – miss it if you blink
– Till I leave for Ontario, so far away.
I both anticipate and dread that coming day.
But it is coming, this much I know,
And soon enough I’ll have to go.
I’m sad to go, and yet so excited!
I pray that in future we’ll be reunited.
I’ll miss you all as long as we’re apart,
And you will be always in my heart.
May God be with you in all you do
Until we meet again, my friends.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Moving Away by Amanda Baines )
- Our First Date, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Terrorist Behind Every Bush, Talile Ali
- I Love You 2, Michael McParland
- Trust None, Even Me, Sir Toby Moses
- Lema, Nassy Fesharaki
- Decaying Within, Angelica Stevenz
- WALAA, Wala' Qamhieh
- A Hardworking Wind, Terry Dawson
- have been posess, ademola oluwabusayo
- Be patient, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)