I'm Moving Away
I’m moving away, but I’ll be back.
I look out my window; the sky is black.
Ontario’s not bad, though far away,
Still I wish that I could stay.
My life is on a different track,
And there is no use in staying back.
My childhood was happy, out in the sticks,
But now there’s more to throw into the mix.
Friends and family, and lots more
Who knows what life has in store!
Take it as it comes, it’s all you can do,
We still have email – this much is true.
My friends in Sussex I’ll never forget
But not to worry – I’m not leaving yet.
I’ll be gone by Christmas, but not much before.
But I don’t want you to be sad anymore.
I’m leaving, yes, but not for good!
I’ll come to visit, like I know I should.
What will it be like? I’m scared to think,
The time moves fast – miss it if you blink
– Till I leave for Ontario, so far away.
I both anticipate and dread that coming day.
But it is coming, this much I know,
And soon enough I’ll have to go.
I’m sad to go, and yet so excited!
I pray that in future we’ll be reunited.
I’ll miss you all as long as we’re apart,
And you will be always in my heart.
May God be with you in all you do
Until we meet again, my friends.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Moving Away by Amanda Baines )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Everything is yours, RIC S. BASTASA
- The Leg Of A Lamb, Saiom Shriver
- A Task To Master, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Find Me, Amanda Houston
- looking at the universe in our very call.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Forging On..., David Lessard
- two lonely matches in separate back pock.., Mandolyn ...
- News Of Tragedies, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Natural Life's Aura, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Soul's Keys, RoseAnn V. Shawiak