I'm Plastic/Ya By't Plasticheskiy
Perfect cheekbones, gorgeous eyes,
Flawless eyebrows, dazzling smile.
Tiny nose and shapely lips,
C-cup breasts and narrow hips.
Dainty arms, poreless skin,
eat so much, yet still I'm thin.
Pills for popping, drinks for knocking
back and not a chance of stopping.
Life flies by like neon signs
dancing to some song that I've never heard.
I'll leave with a man who I've never met.
There'll be nothing to remember,
therefore nothing to forget.
I'm tired, I want to go home
but I can't, duty calls.
I feel like I'm trapped in a snowglobe
watching the same season
and a hundred, tiny, gilt snowflakes
bury me day after day.
I'm lonely, floating through
this empty existence
of clubs, sex, and booze.
I'm cold and exclusive and rude
But on the inside I'm a mess.
I wish I could be nice to you,
But then I'd have to tell you all of this.
Anya AlkayevVolkov's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Plastic/Ya By't Plasticheskiy by Anya AlkayevVolkov )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Poetry I Adore, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Monkeys in City, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Emptiness, Marilyn Jean
- Embellishing the Pale Blue Sky, James Darwin Smith II
- Thoughts, Ronald Chapman
- A Moment in Time, Tango Tango
- My Words, Ronald Chapman
- Dreamt Of You 6, Michael P. McParland
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton
- ' H E I S...', sunshine garcia