I Miss You
You are my light in total d`rkness.
You are my guide, in searing light.
I nded to be with you, it hurts when we are apart.
You are my confidante, and I am without inner-turmoil.
You are my goodness, you are my heart.
Now, I am alone in the dark.
I am unprotected in the light.
I am without you, I am alone.
Now eterfity is the gap, turmoil and chaos reign.
a black hole opens in my being.
My heart is an open wound sprinkled with salt.
When I heart you, perhaps see you,
only to find God's cruel joke.
I can't hold on anymore...
Shamal Akrayi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Miss You by Shamal Akrayi )
- A Poet, Angela K Brown
- Let us dream, hasmukh amathalal
- Iron Gates, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mental Illness, Angela K Brown
- The Unknown Person, Angela K Brown
- Austere Offices, Angela K Brown
- Grandma's Hands, Angela K Brown
- For the Colored Girl, Angela K Brown
- Dark Skin, Angela K Brown
- Na Na, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns