I Must Have My Say...
I wish I could tell you, but not say a word
My thoughts float out to you, the silent wings of a bird.
My message is simple, I want it to end,
I liked you better just as a friend
I don't want to hurt you, but there's no other way,
My hearts been telling me what I have to say.
It's not your fault yet it has to be, my reasons are confusing event to me.
they're tangled with detail to hard to explain,
so please understand and I'll'll take the blame
the thoughts in my head must have their say,
I cant stand it no longer, today is the day
You and I together must come to an end;
I now only want you and me to be friends.
Derryn Whitaker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Must Have My Say... by Derryn Whitaker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It's Funny, Isn't It?, Lili Domis
- You And I, Lili Domis
- Sonnet: Who Makes Money Wisely?, Dr John Celes
- Postcard For The Tin Soldier In Tintypes.., mary douglas
- I Submit, I Am Krakatoa
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan