I Must Have My Say...
I wish I could tell you, but not say a word
My thoughts float out to you, the silent wings of a bird.
My message is simple, I want it to end,
I liked you better just as a friend
I don't want to hurt you, but there's no other way,
My hearts been telling me what I have to say.
It's not your fault yet it has to be, my reasons are confusing event to me.
they're tangled with detail to hard to explain,
so please understand and I'll'll take the blame
the thoughts in my head must have their say,
I cant stand it no longer, today is the day
You and I together must come to an end;
I now only want you and me to be friends.
Derryn Whitaker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Must Have My Say... by Derryn Whitaker )
- RESULT: THE LAW OF CAUSE AND EFFECT, Dominic George
- A MASOCHISTIC SADIST TO A WOUNDED CHILD .., Dominic George
- MEN CAN'T WIN EVERYTHING, Dominic George
- TO THE PARADISE I WANT TO MARCH, Dominic George
- Uit de voegen, Madrason writer
- TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT I'M JUST TRYING TO A.., Dominic George
- NEARING THE FRONTIER (18 PG), Dominic George
- SELF ACCEPTANCE, Dominic George
- BREAKTHROUGH, Dominic George
- GUILT PREDICAMENT, Dominic George
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)