I Must Have My Say...
I wish I could tell you, but not say a word
My thoughts float out to you, the silent wings of a bird.
My message is simple, I want it to end,
I liked you better just as a friend
I don't want to hurt you, but there's no other way,
My hearts been telling me what I have to say.
It's not your fault yet it has to be, my reasons are confusing event to me.
they're tangled with detail to hard to explain,
so please understand and I'll'll take the blame
the thoughts in my head must have their say,
I cant stand it no longer, today is the day
You and I together must come to an end;
I now only want you and me to be friends.
Derryn Whitaker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Must Have My Say... by Derryn Whitaker )
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- .....? ...? ..... Traveling To Meet A Mi.., Is It Poetry
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)