your not alone...
I knew a girl who liked to draw,
She drew pictures that nobody saw,
She was more artistic alone at night,
In her bathroom out of sight,
She didn't tell a soul, and the gallery grew.
Her drawings were different; no pencil, nor pen,
But she needed a bandage now and again,
We had a date by the river; under the stars,
She rolled up her sleeves and showed me her scars,
She felt so embarrassed and looked at her shoe,
I rolled up my sleeve and said I draw too...
Derryn Whitaker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (your not alone... by Derryn Whitaker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Haiku- Oh flowers, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Addiction, Jared Hirsch
- Exceptional, gajanan mishra
- Bloom Dream - Blütentraum, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- जोँ सोरजिगिरिनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- poor perfect pirate, Mandolyn Davidson
- Awaiting for Battle, Maverick Jones
- ERIOBOTYRA شجرة الاكي دنيا - بشملة - الم.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Uphill Fight, Maverick Jones
- I am Palestine, RiRi S...