I Only Want Your Best God
Never, ever did I think,
At anytime in my life,
That I’d be the author of,
A Christian poetry site.
Okay, Okay, I know, I know,
Web sites haven’t been around that long,
Alright, so how about this?
Writing Christian poems and songs.
The Masters’ plan is just that,
It doesn’t matter where you want to be at,
When your name is called and given a task,
In the name of Jesus you are now steadfast.
Firmly planted in a soulful root,
Straight like an arrow your vine will shoot,
Then to entwine all that you need,
Complete the assignment and return the deed.
It doesn’t mean God will not answer requests,
However, why would you settle for second best?
Accept the challenge with vigor and grace,
Knowing upon completion you’re in first place.
Why is it so easy to take a gift from man?
Yet with God we try to wiggle away?
As the present withers from human hands,
Oh God, why did you lead us astray?
People say they want the best from Him,
And when He puts it front of their face,
Because it’s not what they expected,
Many seek answers in another place.
Alcohol, needles, sniff & swallow drugs,
You poor little baby and all because,
God didn’t give what’s wanted more of,
So now you are feeling abandoned, unloved.
Whenever God speaks your name,
To answer whatever call,
Remember He will choose another,
Should you quit, stumble and fall.
I only want your best God,
Isn’t always peaches and cream,
Walk by faith and not by sight,
Things aren’t as bad as they seem.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Only Want Your Best God by Luke Easter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Edward Housman
(26 March 1859 – 30 April 1936)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Gerard Manley Hopkins
(28 July 1844 – 8 June 1889)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- On Earth Humans, Sari Mavi
- Being Exposed, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ignorance.., SALINI NAIR
- Sweet Tea!, Edward Kofi Louis
- John Masefield - Vagabundo, Paul Abucean
- The Warped Human Minds, rajendran muthiah
- Polished Nail, maria sudibyo
- Bromance In The Air, maria sudibyo
- Counting Days, maria sudibyo
- Rain in My Heart, maria sudibyo