I Shall Have The Whole Day Rest
Just now I have got up,
My body is strengthless,
Each joint imparts me pain,
As a loader feels after
Loading and unloading the loads.
I too remained busy all alone,
In lifting up the injured,
Men, women and children,
I did not touch the dead, for
It was of no use to give them the first-aid.
I only loaded on my back the alive,
The injured exposed to radiation,
For they were numerous,
Lying helpless on the plain,
Aftermath of the nuclear war,
Horror brimmed from their eyes,
Instead of tears.
I heard from the distance,
More grumbles of the blasts along the skyline,
Mushrooms of smoke spurted
Blackening the earth and air;
But I heeded to cries of the injured.
I loaded them one by one,
And turn by turn on my back,
Placed them under the trees
In the shades to make them
Safe from the emission.
In a ditch I found my own
Youngest daughter, lying prostrate
With dishevelled hair,
The last injured I picked upon my back,
And placed her in the shade
Of a thick mulberry tree.
The whole night I remained
Drench in sweat, the curves of salt
In crinkles of my dress are evident;
The dream placed at night,
A stone of fear upon my chest,
I am deadly tired,
Today I shall have the whole day rest.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Shall Have The Whole Day Rest by Muhammad Shanazar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo
- prostitution, ademola oluwabusayo
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz