David Joel Rodriguez
I Sponge (2004)
Easily I absorb your knowledge
Inexplicably I argue with my courage
Am I to argue with my thoughts?
Will I learn from a mistake sought?
My thoughts swallow a thought I thought.
I don't want it! ...I lie in distraught.
What is it I do to relieve of this stale Inhalation?
It is bad for me but still I take the situation.
A Sponge I have become to this day
A Sponge you can control and leave astray.
I can squeeze out all the cognition,
will not be left empty but with memories of observation.
I Sponge wish to be left out to dry,
I Sponge have been soaked with speculative sighs.
Slowly I begin to die,
Leaving me out to dry...
Slowly I begin to dry,
Leaving Me out ot die.
David Joel Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Sponge (2004) by David Joel Rodriguez )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Spirit, Paul Moosberg
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Failure of Communion, Judith Wright
Poem of the Day
- I Will, Michael P. McParland
- Rooftop Stronghold 2, Kim Barney
- I Want To Wake Up, Michael P. McParland
- Road Warriors, Charles Wright
- The Human Quagmire, Lukas Sotola
- Lunacy, Lukas Sotola
- Lovely place as heaven, hasmukh amathalal
- Fear of Death, Lukas Sotola
- Of our condition little we know, Lukas Sotola
- The Illusory Driver, Lukas Sotola