David Joel Rodriguez
I Sponge (2004)
Easily I absorb your knowledge
Inexplicably I argue with my courage
Am I to argue with my thoughts?
Will I learn from a mistake sought?
My thoughts swallow a thought I thought.
I don't want it! ...I lie in distraught.
What is it I do to relieve of this stale Inhalation?
It is bad for me but still I take the situation.
A Sponge I have become to this day
A Sponge you can control and leave astray.
I can squeeze out all the cognition,
will not be left empty but with memories of observation.
I Sponge wish to be left out to dry,
I Sponge have been soaked with speculative sighs.
Slowly I begin to die,
Leaving me out to dry...
Slowly I begin to dry,
Leaving Me out ot die.
David Joel Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Sponge (2004) by David Joel Rodriguez )
- Grace Me, Michael McParland
- 168., John Westlake
- The Stuff We Are Made Of., Tony Adah
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)