Waltz For Zizi
I Think I'll Paint It, On The Walls Of My Grave
No matter how many times,
good bye, sprouts on my lips,
I always end up, among the leaves
falling from your yellow castle,
writing you a new poem
of love and betrayal.
Your castle, with it's towers
seems like he's trying to grab the stars.
But some of them are mine, woman.
You are such a monster!
But you are also beautiful, with your gold hair,
with your green eyes and freckled cheeks,
and maybe that's my
for not letting my heart forget your face.
And I think I'll paint it, on the walls of my grave,
(when one day, death will cover my eyes)
because I love you, of course.
Well, good bye for today
and see you tomorrow
in another poem, you will never read.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Think I'll Paint It, On The Walls Of My Grave by Waltz For Zizi )
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(1644 - 1694)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Wash Out, Tina Chan
- Lucid Awake Changing Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Never Easy To Make, Tina Chan
- Sorry, Tina Chan
- Let us go, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- ~Hell On Earth Is Art In Heaven~, E Nigma
- BABIES LOVE, Christina Sunrise
- ANGER STEMS FROM PAIN, Christina Sunrise
- ACTION IS WHERE IT STARTS, Christina Sunrise
- Night terrors, Ryan Brodesser