I thought you were my friend
Hey man I thought you were my friend.
I thought you were someone who didn't have to lie or pretend
I thought you were someone who would be there, someone that could be trusted
Someone that would stand up whenever I got busted
I thought I could tell you things that I couldn't tell others
But when I learned these things slipped from your mouth I said why bother?
Every word I would say, every act I would do
Would go straight to your boyfriend like it went right through you
You think he's your friend? You think he's your man?
Then go right ahead! Be his puppy dog fan!
Follow him to heaven or follow him to hell
Frankly I don't give a damn since our friendship fell.
You think he's your boyfriend? You think he's your life?
Then go ahead and marry him! Be his stupid wife!
But if he rejects you, don't come crying to me. It's your own damn fault you choose him over me!
I tried talkin' some truth, I tried talkin' some sense
But you'd plug up your ears with a damn fifty foot fence!
The moment you met him you thought he was your love
You'd be together forever like two turtle doves!
But where was I in this perfect life of yours?
Oh yeah, that's right. To you I was dirt on the floor!
I was nothing, I was gone, I was garbage in the trash!
When he came along I was gone in a flash!
You didn't care if your words hurt me inside
All you cared about was him at your damn bedside
You deceived me, you betrayed me. Every word was a lie!
Don't you dare say your sorry! Don't even try.
Sapher Wolf's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I thought you were my friend by Sapher Wolf )
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)