I understand why birds need trees'
I understand Why a dog has fleas,
I understand why a man might need a wife,
I even understand why some people take their life.
I understand why a swan takes to water,
Of the bond created between mother and daughter,
Of why some people put themselves down,
And sometimes the humour of Chubby Brown.
I understand why A meets B,
And why it is two comes before three,
I understand why flowers need bees,
And for oxygen we all need trees.
I understand why we need to laugh,
Why it is we shower or bath,
But I will never understand till the end of time,
Why the hell it is I wrote this rhyme!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Understand by Dewi Meade )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Passion and Risks, UMBELINA FROTA Linhares Pime ..
- Snip!, Lawrence Beck
- Today I learned that I am an orphan - Th.., Dee Jay
- To Glorify Jesus, Tom Zart
- I only scribed dirge but she killed thee.., Sir Toby Moses
- I only scribed a dirge but she killed th.., Sir Toby Moses
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah
- Everything Nothing, Ruby Honeytip