I want to feel strong
With no one there to fight me.
I want to be happy
With no one there to ruin me.
I want to feel beautiful
Without looking in the mirror.
I want to be fearless
With nothing there to hold me back.
I want to be loved
To always have a shoulder.
I want to have hope
Without my fingers being crossed.
I want to tell the truth
Without making enemies.
But most of all
I want to stay true to myself.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Want by Poetry Love )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Church Street Bomb blast, Gert Strydom
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- My throat sings not more, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To begin with, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Into deep light, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Small perversion In repetition, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Every day dreams, Emmanuel George Cefai
- So many lines, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I need a talisman, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The giant of the red eye, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As From Behind Tree, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The tree of days, Emmanuel George Cefai