I Want To Live
I have been violated with no permission of mine,
I have been assaulted for no fault of mine,
The brutality committed shakes the soul of mine;
But still brother, I do not want to die.
Bless me mother, I want to live.
I have been outraged with the sleeping law,
I have been hammered for absent order claw,
The viciousness stanched vibrates the soil plow;
But still father, I wish I would not die.
Bless me mama, I want to live.
I am yet to see the nature's beauty,
I am yet to hear the bird's chirp,
I am yet to dance in the fall of the rain,
I am yet to feel the shine of the sun,
I am yet to understand the meaning of life.
But doctors, I wish would not let me die,
Mother, I desperately want to live.
Copyright © 2012 Sanjeev Kumar
Sanjeev Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Want To Live by Sanjeev Kumar )
- Villanelle: Even childhood teenage nurtu.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Conversation between Two Dead Bodies, Md. Ziaul Haque
- This World is Full of Beauty, Gerald Massey
- Let's Get Wet in Moonlight, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Inner Sacrifice, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Tribute to a Writer, Md. Ziaul Haque
- For Touching You Once, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Be Mine Forever, Md. Ziaul Haque
- It's a Beautiful World, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Beauty, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- My Retreat, Jose Rizal
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(4 February 1900 – 11 April 1977)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)