I Want To Live
I have been violated with no permission of mine,
I have been assaulted for no fault of mine,
The brutality committed shakes the soul of mine;
But still brother, I do not want to die.
Bless me mother, I want to live.
I have been outraged with the sleeping law,
I have been hammered for absent order claw,
The viciousness stanched vibrates the soil plow;
But still father, I wish I would not die.
Bless me mama, I want to live.
I am yet to see the nature's beauty,
I am yet to hear the bird's chirp,
I am yet to dance in the fall of the rain,
I am yet to feel the shine of the sun,
I am yet to understand the meaning of life.
But doctors, I wish would not let me die,
Mother, I desperately want to live.
Copyright © 2012 Sanjeev Kumar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Want To Live by Sanjeev Kumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Free to do works, gajanan mishra
- God! !, sEaN nOrTh
- The Turtle's Tale, Lawrence Beck
- Dream along imagination, Okunuga Olanreywaju
- red light zone, lee fones
- A FOLK SONG اغنية فولكلورية JESSIE MACKAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Like food, hasmukh amathalal
- Earth's Surface, gajanan mishra
- Lost, Tiku akp
- The Spider And The Spray Can Man, Donal Mahoney