I was really amazed by Aparna Sen's elegiac love poem
An emotional Movie.
'The Japanese wife',
From the Directors of Arthouse Masterpiece.
Mr. & Mrs. Iyers, the Bengali Elegy.
Rahul Bose as 'Snhemoy'
Raima Sen an enchanting widow and her son 'Poltu'
Chigusa Takaku, (Miyage) Snhemoy's Japanese pen-friend.
The mixture of their palpable bonds,
Four of them showed their best perfomance
Besides, Snhemoy's Aunt Moushami Chatergi
Holds the entire gravity of the film.
Altogether sixhundred and thirty five soft letters exchanged
Three long-distance phone calls
Fifteen years of pen-friendship
And their rare marriage but they have not met.
'How far you go for love? '
Till my hard last breath
I Re-read this enormous poem
And hope you all get a chance to see this Tragedy!
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I was really amazed by Aparna Sen's elegiac love poem by nimal dunuhinga )
- Today I Am Grateful, Liilia Talts Morrison
- When love seemed extra special, Mark Heathcote
- Hand To Hold, Kelly Zion
- Can't Win, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Free Samples, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dr. Lmst., RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After An Unfortunate Incident, Morgan Michaels
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)