I Watch the Sun Pass by
I watch the sun pass by
That is what I’ve been doing
Days passed, months rolled and years slipped away
But I am never tired of watching the sun pass by.
In a setting of obscurity
That breeds more procrastination
Fuelling anger inside me
To be released in grandiose inaction.
Begetting more inaction
Which is yawning at me
The sun looks youthful
While fading behind the mountain.
But I am not
And I watch the sun pass by.
Basanta Lohani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Watch the Sun Pass by by Basanta Lohani )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe