I Watch the Sun Pass by
I watch the sun pass by
That is what I’ve been doing
Days passed, months rolled and years slipped away
But I am never tired of watching the sun pass by.
In a setting of obscurity
That breeds more procrastination
Fuelling anger inside me
To be released in grandiose inaction.
Begetting more inaction
Which is yawning at me
The sun looks youthful
While fading behind the mountain.
But I am not
And I watch the sun pass by.
Basanta Lohani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Watch the Sun Pass by by Basanta Lohani )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1878 - 3 May 1916)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1924 - 2000)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- TEACHER, Shachi Kaul
- Jackals cleverness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Gibberish, hafiz qasim
- Child Of Mine, Kyle Schlicher
- My Heart Is Heavy, Kyle Schlicher
- Beautiful Dusk, Shachi Kaul
- New year, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Am Ready, Kyle Schlicher
- Sonnet: The God of Fairness, Justice and.., Dr John Celes