I Wear My Lapel Pin of a Flag
I stick it to me until I bleed
to remind myself I am awake
in a place I find suspicious.
I am afraid to admit this at times
Because I might be crazy
Or they might paint me as crazy
Because I do not want to blow up the world
And tell people that God willed it.
I am supposed to wear my Lapel pin
Right now today but these people
With giant crosses have polluted it.
This isn’t a poem-it’s a song
in my head everyday of my dread
Wondering what is going on
Why am I here and how do I leave
All in one piece -but why should I leave?
They have perverted God and religion and the flag
By making it turn into something else
That is really un-American.
And so this is my American poem
Questioning why we sit here protesting their master plan
Made submissive by hate crime waving fans.
Awaiting their covert form of healthcare
Where we are anesthesized in government experiments.
MARINA GIPPS's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Wear My Lapel Pin of a Flag by MARINA GIPPS )
- Lost Melody, Patrick Ladbrooke
- A Rich Man's World, Fareez Nasir
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #4, Brian Johnston
- Dandelion Dreams, Richard D. Remler
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1774 - 1843)