Paul J Price
I Will Be Your Friend
When everything you have is lost, all friends and family,
I will always stay with you, you can count on me.
If people judge and criticize, with a sole aim to offend,
I will cherish your very presence. I will always be your friend.
If you come upon riches or fortunes you may find,
I will ask for nothing, I will be behind.
When people that you trust, may cheat or steal from you,
I will always be loyal, that's all I want to do.
If danger comes to close with harms ambition to succeed,
I will be in front of you, I will take the lead.
If injury becomes you and your body feels the strain,
I'll be there to comfort you, I too will feel the pain.
If you have done a wrong or when your fill of hate,
I will hold no resentment. I will always wait.
And when your tired and weary and you lay yourself down to sleep,
I will watch over you, I'll stand guard at your feet.
When no one else will listen and emptiness gets to much,
I will long to hear your voice and wish for your touch.
If you get angry and start to curse my name,
I will never leave you, I will love you just the same.
And when your life draws to an end and you go to meet your god.
I will stay behind, because I am just a dog.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Will Be Your Friend by Paul J Price )
- Man was made to Mourn: A Dirge, Robert Burns
- PLUS SIDE, Terry Collett
- Thank You, Jeremy Horsford
- The Dean of Faculty: A new Ballad, Robert Burns
- Ballad on the American War, Robert Burns
- Epistle to the Rev. John M'Math, Robert Burns
- Lord Gregory: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- The Winter it is Past, Robert Burns
- NIT Jalandhar Diyan Galan(punjai), jagmeet singh
- Epistle to William Simson, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- The Frog and The Nightingale, Vikram Seth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)