I Wish He Knew
I have feelings of love for the guy I see.
Does he love me too, what does he think of me?
I wish I could tell him he makes me whole, but I'm afraid to say
what's deep in my soul.
I don't want to lose him, for I would be alone,
and some days I just can't wait to hear his voice on the phone.
He does certain things to make me feel loved,
some days he wants to be alone and my heart is shoved.
I want to feel as though I am his safeguard,
the one he can come to when things get hard.
I will always be there to help him along,
and before we met I wasn't as strong.
I wish I could tell him what I feel inside,
but I'm afraid, of what he'll say on the outside.
Leah Wells's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Wish He Knew by Leah Wells )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Frederick William (FW) Harvey
Mir Taqi Mir
(1723 - 1810)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Wide Open II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Christmas Day in Philly, Benjamin Michael Clark
- Shepherdess II, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Old Are You?, Edward Kofi Louis
- If We Don't Meet Upon The Morrow, Kute Makerz
- Radha, Radha, Radha, You Are My Life & .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Angels, vanessa hughes
- Solicitation, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Redoubt, Noah Body
- For Madhavi, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto