If I Was President Of The U.S.A.
If I was president of the U.S.A
I'd bring back all the troops,
Throw the nuclear bombs away.
I would invest in solar power,
For our electricity,
And wind turbines you would see,
Our cars would be electric,
Powered by battery.
We'd plug them in at night,
To regain their energy.
I would gather the world leaders,
Around the peace table,
Even the Taleban,
If we were able.
Countries that are ravaged,
By drought and poverty,
We could use our technology,
To desalinate the sea.
Irrigation then would follow,
To grow crops and feed the cattle,
Hunger would have to flee.
It's never going To happen.
I hear you say,
But I can dream at night,
Trying to put things right.
But we can all lead a better life,
Putting others first,
Taking no-ones life
Giving to the poor
To end poverty and strife.
Then the world will be
A better place.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If I Was President Of The U.S.A. by CAROLINE TUBBS )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas
- Variety of doors!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What is superior?, gajanan mishra
- Mind, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- WE ARE TEMPORARILY HERE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waxing Grandiloquent, Margaret Alice Second
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI
- Retirement (or) Till Your Last, Natarajan Ramaseshan