Oh beauty if love remains a thousand years
Would it really lessen the tears?
O souls who have to be torn apart
Lover’s vows remind us now to start
Something anew, yet oh so old
Faith walks on a lonely man’s road
Oh beauty if love remained a thousand days
Could it mend the fabric of time’s frays?
O hearts bound together, two as one
Never separated till night is done
Just waiting for the next setting sun
Time well spent, the day has just begun
Oh beauty if love remained but one second
Could it hear the beloved's voice beckon
O minds that share thoughts as one
Hope’s eternal bond of a wedding done
Golden rings unbroken for all to see
A glimpse of true love’s eternity
Dove Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Love by Dove Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To show as great., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 'Useless' ..... [human uselessness; PSY.., Bri Edwards
- WORN OUT DOOR, Philo Yan
- Newbie, Savita Tyagi
- Is That A Virtues Woman?, John Ugolo Umah
- थांनानै था आरो थांनानै थानो हो, Bahadur Basumatary
- Carrying titles, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If Heaven Was For..., John Ugolo Umah
- City Of Abomination, John Ugolo Umah
- History Of Death!, John Ugolo Umah