If You Cannot Love Nature You Cannot Love Life
In a Human World where greed and narcissism is rife
If you cannot love Nature you cannot love life
With what I say here you may well disagree
But that's your opinion and that's fine with me.
We need her to live on her we do depend
Our marvellous Mother Nature humanity's friend
And if you cannot love her it does seem sad to say
On the road to enlightenment you've lost your way.
You do not love Nature you do make that clear
But to hear you say so much is so sad to hear
Out of an act of Nature the reason you are here today
Yet sad to think respect to her you cannot pay.
You see it as okay that more trees are cut down
To make way for new factories in the big town
And if you cannot love Nature though from her you gain
Then you cannot love life I do say it again.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If You Cannot Love Nature You Cannot Love Life by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)
- Neon Sign, Alan W. Jankowski
- Party Favors, Alan W. Jankowski