Someone tell me it isn't the truth—
Who could imagine a slaughter this magnitude?
People's passions viciously fused
For the worst of reasons to be used.
A war between ideas, far and near,
Yet both sides have reasons to be feared.
Populations ignorant of religion's steer—
Infiltrated by extremists in political careers.
How many must die before we realize
That punishment and "justice" combine to form a lie?
Humans are known for their ability to idealize,
Yet many still mourn their loved one's side.
Educate and compensate visionaries of a new world.
Do not hesitate, but make haste to unfurl
A tabula rasa engraved with messages of pearls
Hidden in the ocean, but longing to be murals.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ignorance by Edwin Cordero )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- love became LOVE and now i live., Mandolyn ...
- Uncontained Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Structure, Fiona McCullough
- Battles Of The Inner Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady
- What Happen To Love, Lilly Emery
- The Judges Lied, Tony Adah
- Empty Passages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- In Hiding, Leigh Sena