Ignorance Is A Friend Of Fools
Ignorance Is a friend of fools,
Be careful how you embrace him;
Will twist you in the winds,
Will left you in the cold;
Creeps up on you
And where it hits
It lifts all scars.
In a sanctuary without lights
He serves sacraments of lies.
He would not befriend a teacher or a priest,
Never saw a book he did not hate.
Doesn't take much to make him irate.
Not knowing where to turn,
Not knowing who to spurn,
Not knowing who to ask,
Not knowing when to burn.
Wherever there is discord,
Wherever there is infidelity,
You'll find him.
Buxton Shippy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ignorance Is A Friend Of Fools by Buxton Shippy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto
- Big bee, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- She, Anil Karki