Ignorance Is A Friend Of Fools
Ignorance Is a friend of fools,
Be careful how you embrace him;
Will twist you in the winds,
Will left you in the cold;
Creeps up on you
And where it hits
It lifts all scars.
In a sanctuary without lights
He serves sacraments of lies.
He would not befriend a teacher or a priest,
Never saw a book he did not hate.
Doesn't take much to make him irate.
Not knowing where to turn,
Not knowing who to spurn,
Not knowing who to ask,
Not knowing when to burn.
Wherever there is discord,
Wherever there is infidelity,
You'll find him.
Buxton Shippy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ignorance Is A Friend Of Fools by Buxton Shippy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Few Pieces Of Paper, Kyle Schlicher
- Carnal Succubus, Is It Poetry
- The Music Just Stops, mike scully
- colorful lies, Mary Amrutha
- Bonus post, Mae AC.
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...