Every day, afternoon,
The priests lead a procession
From the alter to the end of the nave
To minister to the saints the Good News;
Their hearts are open to receive Him,
The Source Of Life, eternally.
Judging by the look in their eyes
These courageous ones
Will concede nothing to the Adversary.
They will praise Him until until they expire;
He who is faithful to His Promises;
They will adore Him,
He who gives His Body and Blood;
They will obey Him,
As those who came before.
Buxton Shippy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Faithfulness by Buxton Shippy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- City Of Abomination, John Ugolo Umah
- History Of Death!, John Ugolo Umah
- Sweet Misery, Monica Shs
- lavender and roadkill, Ben Paynter
- Is mother universal, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Not Yet, I Am Krakatoa
- दङ आंहा सिमां, Ronjoy Brahma
- He Was Who He Was, Frieda Risvold
- CPI(M) Comrades & Cadres, The Muscle-men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The CPI(M) Only Knows Its Men, Only See.., Bijay Kant Dubey