We all relish in silence
at sometimes in our lives
and there are many kinds of silence.
There is the tense silence on battlefields
heard just before an attack begins.
The relaxing silence at the end of the day
when the world seems a million miles away
and then there is the ignoring silence.
This comes when people you want to talk to
but whom turn away and talk to someone else
leaving you feeling isolated in silence
not knowing what you have done
and hurting because your words will never be heard.
3 November 2010
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ignoring Silence by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote
- Love In A Bottle, Midnights Voice
- Oh Mediterranean sea, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Ramblings of Devils Workshop, Nalini Chaturvedi