Amy Louise Kerswell
Im Free at Last
Please don't grive for me for now I am free.
I am only following the path god had laid for me.
I took his hand as I heard him call.
I turned with one last glance.
I turned my back on it all and left it all behind.
I could not stay another day.
To laugh run or play.
I couldnt solve my pain.
There was nothing I could do to change past events.
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
I've found my place at the close of day.
If my passing leaves a void,
then fill it with remembered joy.
For the crap I left behind I will not miss.
Prehaps my time seemed to short.
Dont lengthen it now with undue griefe.
God wants me Now and is about to set me free.
Be not burdened In times of sorrow.
I wish you all love.
I wish you all well.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Im Free at Last by Amy Louise Kerswell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Harold Hart Crane
(21 July 1899 – 27 April 1932)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(25 November 1890 – 1 April 1918)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Ranga Duniya ne Dkhaya hai Nirala, Kumar Vishwas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR