In mirror my portrait
Mustache white, hair grey
My chin rests in my palms
Looking down, my elbows on table
I look at nude poster
Out of teens and golden, skin fair
Size perfect, her eyes sea; she is shaved
I smile; then I laugh, laugh out-loud
Crazy is my mood
On carpet of magic, I’m in air
I ask her: “Cat is cat, why pussy? ”
“She’s woolly as I am.” She answers
But now shaved
I fly once again to Hejaz; to Islam
“Must remove body hair, under arms and elsewhere
Be clean and immune.” Islam says and orders.
She(old times) : “They’re stupid; they shave and circumcise.”
I am back with poster on table.
I smile; then I laugh, laugh out loud
Crazy is my mood.
“Time is mad, crazy; stupid with fashions.”
Superman, spider and Batman I’m soaring.
Once again Asia, Africa of old time, Indian piercing and hair cut
Now fashion everywhere with style
In mirror I see me; portrait of a clown looking down
I wonder if a sad, happy one!
A big nose with make-ups
I’m laughing as before but flame like fire.
I pick up the poster, tear it up.
Nassy Fesharaki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Image by Nassy Fesharaki )
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
- Rain in summer امطار صيفية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
- Careless, Foster Teegarden
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
- Marble Steps, Morgan Michaels
- Fabulous rich, hasmukh amathalal
- Always, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)