eliminate the outsiders?
and get this country
back the way it used to be?
True, it may be difficult-
there's a lot of them,
with their foreign ways
and their foreign foods
and their foreign faces
trying to corrupt our life,
But they've been coming fast
for a long time!
We've been more than generous,
but their welcome's long outstayed-
Crossing our borders like roaches by land or
like sardines by boat,
crying: 'A new land! a place to be free! '
But this land's not new anymore, but old,
with our people and our ways.
So let's do more than
close these borders-
let's throw out the outsiders:
(the Mexicans, the Asians,
the Eastern Europeans-
the Jews and Chinese,
the Irish and Puritans...)
and leave, perhaps,
a young brave hunting
in the land that
(if you want to argue)
has been, and always will be,
Aliya Deri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Immigration Policy by Aliya Deri )
- उगुल नांबाय बर' हारिया, Ronjoy Brahma
- THE MEMORIAL, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- ! Insane Asylum (PH Forum Commentary), Alice Vedral Rivera
- फैमालनि बिदिन्थि, Ronjoy Brahma
- When Whispers Death, Its Cruel Call!, Dr John Celes
- mother, Dr. Ramesh Chandra Mukhopadh ..
- Say You It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burning, Spiritwind Wood
- Somebody Often Keeps Asking, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The devotee shows his angry to the God!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)