I starved and lost 10 kilos because you said
I was fat.
You did not acknowledge it because it was not
Absolute goal weight.
I trained and ran 21 kms because you said
I was lazy.
You did not acknowledge it becauase it was not the
Ultimate Human Race.
I make your breakfast every morning because you say
I am useless.
You do not acknowledge it because it is my
I continuously plan my suicide because you say
My life is worthless.
Of course, you would never acknowledge it because it probably would
Not be perfect.
YURI DURAAN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Imperfect Solution by YURI DURAAN )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Falling Fast, Electric Lady
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Warning, Jenny Joseph