IN AVALON LIVED HITHER AN YON
Hither an 'Yon lived in mystic Land o'Avalon,
Pretty lady Hither sought a handsome Don.
Yon was a guy who was in love with Hither,
When he was near Hither he was in a dither.
Love an' romance thrived in Land Avalon,
But not for Hither and guy named Yon.
Hither thought Yon was a village clod,
Yon hoped Hither would give a friendly nod.
Time goes but Hither was not fond of Yon,
Love was only half-bloom in Land Avalon.
Yon tried many ways to mend clumsy ways,
He read romance books for days and days.
Learned about sweet words an' pretty flowers,
Just how an when to seek loves lofty powers.
So love came to Hither and a guy named Yon,
And they loved together forever in Avalon
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IN AVALON LIVED HITHER AN YON by Marion Gentry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Something nags me!, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Cosmology, Don Tiedemann
- In Lamplight, Don Tiedemann
- Denouncing Trinity, Richard Thripp
- A Hollow Spaceship, Richard Thripp
- My Worn Heart, Liilia Talts Morrison
- 1912 through 1916, Richard Thripp
- Monarch Butterfly, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Mooch Winnipeg, jerome moore
- yer mom hath a lithp, Mandolyn Davidson