IN AVALON LIVED HITHER AN YON
Hither an 'Yon lived in mystic Land o'Avalon,
Pretty lady Hither sought a handsome Don.
Yon was a guy who was in love with Hither,
When he was near Hither he was in a dither.
Love an' romance thrived in Land Avalon,
But not for Hither and guy named Yon.
Hither thought Yon was a village clod,
Yon hoped Hither would give a friendly nod.
Time goes but Hither was not fond of Yon,
Love was only half-bloom in Land Avalon.
Yon tried many ways to mend clumsy ways,
He read romance books for days and days.
Learned about sweet words an' pretty flowers,
Just how an when to seek loves lofty powers.
So love came to Hither and a guy named Yon,
And they loved together forever in Avalon
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IN AVALON LIVED HITHER AN YON by Marion Gentry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- S.O. S., Sandra Feldman
- Something is in the house, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Tragedy and Comedy, Eugene Levich
- Bound to thaw, george albot
- Not Obligated To Offer Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A taste of love, JJ Evendon
- Greeting Cards, Sara Fielder
- The Lorry From The North, Tony Adah
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah
- Those who lose, Luv Artem