In good spirit
If you don’t tempt men,
Being a woman is of no use.
If you don’t stir women,
Being a man is of no use.
If man finds no interest in women,
Being a man is a waste.
If woman finds no blush before men,
Being a woman is a waste.
It is these kinds of pleasure
That keep both sexes in good spirit.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In good spirit by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Tiger, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Devil Does Find My Need, Adeosun Olamide
- Peterborough Cry, Moses Samandar
- Take Care, Milady, Lawrence Beck
- Topics And Themes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Getting Something Wanted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- God Provides, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People Think They Can Be Saved, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Work, Vera Sidhwa
- Volkstrauertag, Wolfgang Steinmann
- My Love Story, Norman Jin Shyr Wang