Please do not ask.
Do not make it your task,
to find me,
to find all you can see.
Do not because I am not there.
Do not ask where...
but I am hiding.
Away I am quickly riding.
In side of my heart,
to and fro I dart.
I lock my self away.
I say things I do not want to say,
beacuse I am afraid.
Look at me, look at what you've made
I wear a mask.
'A mask? ' you ask.
But do not ask...do not wonder.
Do not swoop upon me like thunder.
Just leave me alone.
Do not drone.
Do not do anything.
All I am asking for is nothing.
When there is nothing, maybe,
you can see who I want to be.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Hiding by Candace Johnson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Puddles Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE MORE THAN WHAT W.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rembrandt, Phil Soar
- Margrit Biever Mondavi…..Happy Birthday .., James B. Earley
- Symbols Unremembered, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Restoration, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Lovely Fact, Naveed Akram
- Road to Black, Amateur Vagabond
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren