In memory of lost loved ones
When u loose a loved one
Who means the entire world to you,
Your world turns upside down
And you don't know what to do.
You cant seem to understand why
When your mind is not your own,
You cant seem to look forward
When your feeling so alone.
Weeks n months start passing by
And you manage in a way,
Your heart still feels broken
Silent thoughts n memories stay.
What I'd give to see u again
For just a little while,
I often sit n think of you
And remember with such a smile.
I'd want to say so many things
I don't know where I'd start,
I seem to av lost my visions
With the sorrow that clouds my heart.
We shared some happy times together
And we shared some sad ones too,
But the saddest day of my life
Was the day that I lost you!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In memory of lost loved ones by Gemma Louise )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Refugee Blues, WH Auden
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Kitchen Charade, Nicole C Esbach
- &, Nicole C Esbach
- Chiaroscuro, Nicole C Esbach
- Sonnet # 536, Luis Estable
- SELF-INTROSPECTION ON MY HAPPY BIRTH DAY, Purusottam Chuli
- I Wish For Peace, Serena Blackinton
- Sonnet # 535, Luis Estable
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- Sonnet # 534, Luis Estable
- Identity, William Stanley Merwin