In Memory of My Mother
My mother was a woman principles,
Always sticking to her principles,
She was dedicated and committed to her utmost,
To do her utmost to her children,
She was a woman of peace and harmony,
She spoke with a soft - spoken voice,
Filled with humour and sensible advice,
To me she was like my counsellor,
Always teaching me the adventures of life,
She was helpful and cheerful,
An ambitious honest confident lady,
Prosperity and victory was her motto,
She was very kind and generous.
To keep and support was her responsibility,
To give was her duty.
She was always sympathetic to those in sorrow,
She was very generous to poverty stricken families,
She encouraged those in despair,
And comforted those in agony,
Always showing her motherhood to us,
Her gestures were so meaningful,
The way she talk was superb.
She walk in a business like manner,
Always carrying her bag to work,
Oh mother, you left this earth,
We will always admire your characters,
We will always remember good times with you,
Tears may run dry but memories will not.
Rest in peace mum
(For my mum, Lydia Musabayana)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Memory of My Mother by George Dumbarton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Tunnels Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz
- No Place Nation, Xavier Cole
- Dream Another Dream, Xavier Cole
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.