I remember the times,
when I saw your face.
I'd rejoice to feel,
Your warm embrace.
I would laugh and dance,
to see your smile.
Because I knew,
your love was worthwhile.
There have been times,
I felt alone.
No matter the time,
you'd answer the phone.
You've told me and scold me,
to do what's right.
But loved me sincerely,
even in spite.
Through your sickness,
that love you've kept.
Not telling no one,
it made me wept.
In my memory,
you were a ball full of love.
I'm pretty sure,
you are something GOD is proud of.
Auntie I'm learning,
to follow and obey GOD.
When the world sometimes,
makes it hard.
So I thank you and uncle monk,
for the time you spent.
In talking to me,
even while I vent.
It was something you made me say, (over and over)
before your goodbye.
I will always remember...
'What Jesus is, So am I'
I LOVE YOU AND WILL MISS YOU AUNTIE (Ethel Carroll)
http: //www.1blackchild.com <- Check out my site!
Corey Campbell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IN REMEMBERANCE by Corey Campbell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Mack, Kim Barney
- Who Told You That?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Two Friends, Kim Barney
- Happy Birthday, Jesus!, Mitta Xinindlu
- Paint my Souls, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Logic in Rhyme 5, Kim Barney
- What about counry, hasmukh amathalal
- Heart on Fire, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra