In The Moment
This quintessential moment elapsed slowly.
Leaves turned gold by the offset of changing seasons
downward. TIME lingered,
as seconds made their presence known.
The river ebbed and flowed,
And the pause helped me appreciate my life and breathe.
I filled my lungs with
A hope which would carry
Me through the darkest moments.
Life immediately resumed
as if it dreaded capture.
Armed with the knowledge
Of the encapsulated
Triage called priority, I
am where I belong
right now and it is balance in perfection.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (In The Moment by Barbara Fleury )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Internet Poets, Without Pen & Paper & Th.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra