In the Next Galaxy
Things will be different.
No one will lose their sight,
their hearing, their gallbladder.
It will be all Catskills with brand
new wrap-around verandas.
The idea of Hitler will not
have vibrated yet.
While back here,
they are still cleaning out
pockets of wrinkled
Nazis hiding in Argentina.
But in the next galaxy,
certain planets will have true
blue skies and drinking water.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In the Next Galaxy by Ruth Stone )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Silence breaker, SALINI NAIR
- I Died in My Dream Last Night, Monk E. Biz
- Jelousy, Karen Thornburg
- Knowledge with Wisdom, Joseph Narusiewicz
- voice of thee, binod bastola
- DREAMS, Philo Yan
- I need her in my eyes, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Ocean Swallows Another Day~~~, Monk E. Biz
- Dreams of Mind Reading, Brian Johnston
- Fences. They Are Everywhere, Lawrence S. Pertillar