From The Encampment Of Heartstrife, A Sampler Of Poems As An Autobiography
There is another world, but it is inside this one. - Paul Éluard
I think poetry must
I think it must
stay open all night
In beautiful cellars - Thomas Merton
And now come poets each century heavier than
before, heavier than the other few, this new one, too,
only bards, a real few, to bar, board up the big gaps,
O great light gaping, torn off, oft thee sung,
slung over shoulder, hauled, the burden,
o the load
it is now become. - W. Falcon
Dear uncommon friends,
Old Strand, and my zen quill and pen-ners... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Autumn Haiku
- Ars Poetica Redux
- Upon Reading Naseer Ahmed Nasir's 'Don'...
- Brittle Goes the Bone
- The Case For Love As Storm
- That Salt Adheres
- Abandoned Train Station Near Grandmother...
- Because They Rhyme They Live, Not I
- For All The Words Dished Up - Two For Em...
- How It Was I Came To Be What I Am
- Minimalist Death Cyphers, A Meditation I...
- Bessie Smith - Powder Dancing On 3rd Str...
- After Folly - An Aging Poet Addresses On...
Comments about Warren Falcon
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)