In The Silence
Silence is too quiet,
It tortures us until we break it.
I was silent for a reason,
The reason not to cause trouble,
But that is all I ever did.
Troubled to stop the pain of my past,
Troubled to hear your voice calling for me,
Troubled to much to grab your hand,
So you could set me free.
In the silence you see struggle,
In the silence you can't see,
You can't breathe.
In the silence you can't hear me,
No matter how loud my voice exceeds.
Never being helped in my eternal silence.
Amy Fifita's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In The Silence by Amy Fifita )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It came like a storm, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- please don't take her, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Car Lights (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minimalism, Adonis Enricuso