In this world, not of it.
Yes, we live in this world,
but we don't have to love it
it's just a temporary dwelling,
like the body we inhabit for a while,
there are too many things to improve upon,
things that bring us down and cramp our style.
There's a new world beyond this, waiting,
to welcome us with love and pure joy,
where war is non-existent and so is hate,
it will make us into someone new,
starting with a fresh, new slate.
There's a Spirit world that soon we'll know,
where the lion and the lamb will settle down,
where the wolf and bear are more like friend,
we will spread happiness instead of sorrow,
and for us, that world will never end.
It's in the Good Book, just look and see,
read the about the miracles that will occur,
man cannot lead us down the final road,
he's messed us up right from the very start,
let the Almighty One show you the way,
to Him, give up your tiresome, weary load.
We live in this world, but we're not of it,
we're strangers and pilgrims on a quest,
sojourners living in a fleeting body,
trying hard to do our very best.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In this world, not of it. by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- It's The Fairy Queen Out Of Sight In Pal.., mary douglas
- *VII*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Every Man Remembered!, Denis Martindale
- White Frosted Cake Viewed At Ages 6 and 7, mary douglas
- Imprimatura, mary douglas
- What Catfish Is For - Meditation In Caro.., Warren Falcon
- Forgotten Waltz No.2 (After Liszt), mary douglas
- Freedom, Please, Sandra Feldman
- Billy The Kid In A Sky Blue Kerchief, mary douglas
- SERVANTHOOD, MYK NWACHUKWU