When you finally realise who you are,
Don’t let people change you.
You don’t know the strength you have inside.
I know though, I know how strong you really are.
If you ever loose your path in life,
I’ll be there to help you along.
You can always count on me.
If your dreams fade and your heart is broken,
Just look for me, I’ll be there.
You don’t have to be afraid.
Look inside, and you’ll find the strength you need,
The strength of me, your friend.
It was there all the time.
All you have to do is reach for the sky, and you’ll fly.
But really, the strength,
It was always there, in you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In You by Rachel Brewer )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Percy Bysshe Shelley