A distant trait I had once....
Anger tears through my tainted heart
Honestly I don't know where to start...
No inward inclination did I feel
To avarice or pride: my soul did kneel
In admiration all the day. No lust, nor strife,
Polluted then my infant life.
air with balmiest existence
mingling with others very well
In him curiosity dwell.
He is like a bright morning sun
knows how to life life with fun.
His heart doesnot know to camouflage
Showing mirror its own image.
Let me steal a fragment of his smile
Not for all, but for a while.
I want to steal a part of the innocence
Which has the purity and the essence.
Its gone now like the decay of ripe fruit or a flower
I threw it away this gift this power
I used to see the world with bright enquiring mind
But now I have shut the blind.
I threw away my innocence
I thought I had become wise
But I didn't notice the tears running down from my eyes!
The tears of the darkness I now know!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Innocence by Gopi Arivalagan )
- The one who is blessed by the God is su.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus