Innocence is pictured differently through many eyes,
Blinded by the sheer beauty of it.
Picture perfect Mona Lisa,
Hard to believe in such innocence.
Innocence can be found in a virgin,
Until the devil cracks his whip with lust and dirty pleasure,
That will be flushed away.
Can innocence be found in me?
After all the crimes I’ve committed?
Fallen for my guilty pleasure,
I’ve lies that I’m going to take to the grave.
I have racial views that I’m not proud of.
Innocence that is taken by sexuality,
My love for men cast a shadow over me by many eyes.
Is innocence lost from the day we leave the womb,
Innocence is the eye of the beholder.
Joseph Tanner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocence by Joseph Tanner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- PEOPLE الناس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- After The Interview...ll, Morgan Michaels
- Follow The Flies, Is It Poetry
- Amazing Grace, Mohammad Siddiqui
- After The Interview..., Morgan Michaels
- Where the Rapture?, Estelle Pigot
- I love you, Hafeni Nghidinua
- haikindof, Mandolyn ...
- Are You Pissed Yet, Francie Lynch
- Mirror (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico