Innocence lost: Jesus is better
That song transports me to another time
An innocence alive in the emotion
That has breath in the mind
But decomposed in reality.
The mouths of loved ones
Singing joy into my soul,
The stringed instruments
Burning a sound into my brain.
That sound! .
But to pursure that virgin state
Would itself produce the weighty grief
That one is trying to dampen.
But it is a weighty advantage
To pursue a superior life.
Innocence lost is grievous
But Jesus gained is better.
Peter Hall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Innocence lost: Jesus is better by Peter Hall )
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate
- Lustful Love, Priscilla Colon
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.2, Singleton M. Tate
- A BIRDS VIEW, shannon strauss
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.1, Singleton M. Tate
- Here We Go Again, Dylon Cain
- Bitter Slave, S. I. Rednow
- The Pilot, S. I. Rednow