Oh Innocent child, how I dream whilst you sleep,
Of all that I want you to have, and to keep,
Of how best to steer you, and not have to shove,
Be careful I don't smother you with my love.
Oh Innocent child, What I wish in those dreams,
Is that your world does not fall apart at the seams,
That your future's secure, that you live for today,
And the good that is in you, does not go away.
Oh Innocent child, you have so much to give,
Your innocent youth, your exuberance to live,
Just to look in your eyes, is a joy to behold,
A glow that warms hearts, when the weather is cold.
Oh Innocent child, whilst you sleep, be aware,
There are those in the world who do more than care,
They watch every move with affection galore,
And are there when your feelings are down on the floor.
Oh Innocent child, though you know of no wrong,
And a minute of shopping, to you, is too long,
Whilst you sleep and dream softly of innocent things,
Be aware of the pleasure your joy of life brings.
And sleep soundly.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocent Child by Phil Soar )
- Witchcraft, Naveed Khalid
- Circle, Yohan Confectioner
- Treblinka 1945, Michael O'Sullivan
- 'My Poems Conclusion With All My Sadness.., Ali Sabry
- 'My Dear, ', Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess3-, Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess2-, Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess1-, Ali Sabry
- - My Poems Introduction The Romantic Poe.., Ali Sabry
- Thomas Shadwell (an intro), Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)