Inscriptions : V.
--Winter is dead! Hark, hark, upon our hills
The voices for whose coming thou didst yearn!
Hail Spring! O Life, with happy Spring return!
O Love, revive! Joy's laugh the dawntide fills,
--I shall not see him coming, Joy the vernal,
Joy the heart-wakener, with his songs and roses:
To thee the Spring: to me Death, who discloses
The splendour of another Joy, eternal!
Thomas MacDonagh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inscriptions : V. by Thomas MacDonagh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver
- No Squealing, Saiom Shriver
- Sacred Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul