Inscriptions : V.
--Winter is dead! Hark, hark, upon our hills
The voices for whose coming thou didst yearn!
Hail Spring! O Life, with happy Spring return!
O Love, revive! Joy's laugh the dawntide fills,
--I shall not see him coming, Joy the vernal,
Joy the heart-wakener, with his songs and roses:
To thee the Spring: to me Death, who discloses
The splendour of another Joy, eternal!
Thomas MacDonagh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inscriptions : V. by Thomas MacDonagh )
- The one who is blessed by the God is su.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus